Brewdog never disappoints and this brewery from Scotland keeps churning out the good stuff. Apart from their core beers like Punk IPA and Hazy Jane (which, by the way, we try and ALWAYS have on tap at the bar, just soooo good) we are super stoked to present to you a bunch of seasonal beers that are always exclusive to our shop in Naxxar first.
This will be a guided tasting, with snacks to go with all of these seasonal beers recently released by Brewdog:
1. Cold Front ??? Vienna Lager 4.5% ??? Brewdog???s seasonal winter lager pours amber and is full of flavour. Crisp with aromas of oranges and lemons, the flavour is all marmalade, toast, biscuit and bread crust from the specialty malts and a snappy bitter finish that will take you back to the fact that it is, still, a lager.
2. 5am Saint ??? American Red Ale 5% ??? The speciality malts really shine in this amber beer that is then generously hopped to give a nice balance. This five malt, 5% red ale hits the big time with a seven-strong dry hop regime. Berry and citrus collide with caramel and biscuit. Spiced marmalade jostles with chocolate. This is structured anarchy of malt and hops, timed to perfection. Very nice and rather unique in its bittersweetness.
3. Butterfly Effect ??? IPA 6% ??? Brewed in the West Coast style but using two powerhouse New Zealand hops for a twist that resulted in a super drinkable brew. Nelson Sauvin and Nectaron flutter fruity notes of gooseberry, passionfruit and a hint of citrus to balance the bitterness ahead of a dry finish. Tropical and elegant, this beer evolves with every sip. Very nice.
4. Sand Man ??? Belgian IPA 6.5% ??? A highly limited high octane release by Brewdog exclusive only to Brewdog Dog Dealers. This hazy Belgian IPA is soft and creamy with delicious tropical, mango, pineapple & guava aroma. Hints of aromatic spice & banana add a Belgian cut. This is a legendary golden oldie with a modern twist and one you don???t want to miss!
5. Barn Dance ??? Barley Wine 9.5% ??? Saddle up, Cowboys. There???s a new barley wine in town. This full-bodied outlaw of a drink combines a rich toffee caramel biscuit base with layers of tropical mango, citrus and spice for a warming finish. And galloping in at 9.5%, it???s not one for yellow bellies. Guaranteed to get your boots tapping and your knees slapping, let???s get this hoedown started Malta!
6. Night Hawk ??? Imperial Stout 8.5% ??? Burn the candle at both ends with our limited-edition Night Hawk stout. This small batch coffee stout is amped up to 8.5% ABV to help us settle into the end of our beer tasting. This will be our coffee. Chocolate malt and roasted barley intermingle with coffee and vanilla for a smooth and indulgent nightcap whenever you choose to drink it.
Now that???s six beers to remember for only ???30 p/person.
Duration of tasting is approximately 2 hours and space is limited.
Event by pre-booking only.